Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sunday, August 13, 2006

I heard on National Public Radio yesterday that according to Technorati, 175,000 new blogs are being created every day. I did the math. That's more than two new blogs every second. That's insane, isn't it? I said to myself, why would I want to add to the blog frenzy? Then I said to myself, why wouldn't I? Ha! So here I am. We'll see if I distinguish myself among the 175,000 others who've jumped on with me today.

A little bit about me. I'm an award-winning unpublished writer of romance novels. I hope to be published someday soon and I'm actively seeking representation for my books. That's mostly what I'll be blogging about -- the highs and lows, the trial and tribulations, the good news and the bad news. My latest really good news is that I won Romance Writers of America's Golden Heart for one of my books, Snooping in Stilettos, at the RWA conference in Atlanta a few weeks ago. That was a monumental moment for me and I'm thrilled about it. Doesn't mean I'm published yet, but it's a nice addition to the resume and something I'll mention in my query letters from here on out.

I'm about to start a new book and I'm really excited about it because it's been almost six months since I started a new book. This one is a story I brainstormed during an online writing class I took with Susan Mallery. I plan to keep y'all posted on my writing progress and--ooh, yeah, I can feel the excitement rising out there! Settle down, people!

Anyway, I hope you'll check back often to read about and comment on my latest adventures out here on the verge.

Cheers!

Kate

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen Child said...

Kate.......

The Golden Heart is HUGE!!

And you are so close, you won't be on the verge long!!

love the blog--
Maureen

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, it was nice to meet you today at OCCRWA. I thought I'd venture back to 2006 to highlight how far you've come! I'm off to start your new highly-praised Homicide in Hardcover - thanks for the autograph!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home