Sunday, October 14, 2007

I SOLD!!!!!!!

A three-book deal to NAL for my new mystery series!!! I'm over the moon with excitement and joy!! Here's the Publishers Marketplace announcement:

Fiction: Mystery/Crime – Kate Carlisle's HOMICIDE IN HARDCOVER: A Bibliophile Mystery, a cursed copy of Goethe's Faust leads a rare book restorer into a murder investigation that only she can solve -- with the help of clues she uncovers in a valuable first edition, and three other books in the series, to Kristen Weber at NAL, by Kelly Harms and Christina Hogrebe at Jane Rotrosen Agency (world English).

Sounds very exciting, doesn't it? It's going to be so much fun!

And I'm doubly thrilled and honored because my fabulous friends sent me so many wonderful goodies!

Look at this adorable fuzzy bear from Susan Mallery, along with a gorgeous congratulatory cake ...











And beautiful flowers from Maureen Child. And yes, they ARE in an oversized martini glass. I don't know why she thought that would be appropriate for me. *g*




More flowers from my darling husband ...






Champagne, of course, from my brother and sister-in-law, Jim and Jane ...

And so many good wishes and treats from family and friends all over the world, I can't thank everybody enough! I'll be back to share some more details this week.


It's a good week to be Kate!!

Cheers!

11 Comments:

Blogger Maureen Child said...

Woo Hoo!!!!!!! Still celebrating!!! It IS a good week to be Kate! But Kate worked her A** off to get here! So Kate should smile and sit back and let the coo-ing wash over her in big happy waves!!

and hey, good to have you blogging again!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Thanks, Maureen!! It's been a fabulous week and I'm loving the cooing, LOL

And yes, must blog more often. Bad Kate! Bad blogger! ;-)

4:21 PM  
Blogger Gina Black said...

Yay Kate!! What fabulously wonderful news!! Such a good reason to start up your blog again, too. :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Lyon said...

It's an awesome week to be Kate! Congrats on your three-book contract! I know you're going to be a smashing success!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooo-Rahh! Kate!
Congratulations, you deserve it.
We all can't wait to buy your book!
Amy J. Fetzer

10:33 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Yay, Kate!!! Congrats again!

I'm loving the flowers in the martini glass, the adorable bear, and the gorgeous bouquet!

What a fabulous week to be Kate! You deserve it. :-)

12:07 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hey Gina! Good to *see* you! And thanks! I'm truly thrilled!!

Jen, you rock!! You got your own deal to hoot about! Everybody, go to Murder She Writes and check out Jen's fabulous news!!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Ooh-Rahh! Back at you, Amy!! Thanks so much!

Just to share with everyone, I met all my closest wonderful writing friends, thanks to Amy Fetzer reading my Golden Heart entry in 2002. What a sweetheart you are!!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hi Michele!! Thanks!!

I'll be blogging about you and your special gift later this week! ;-)

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate!

I am soooo excited for you! What a very cool thing. Can't wait to see your book on the shelf--and then bring it home to live with me....:)

Best wishes for many more successes!

Husker Kim

5:56 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hey, Husker Kim! Hi! Thanks for your good wishes!

I can't wait for that day either, when I finally see my book on the shelf. That'll be very sweet indeed. ;-)

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home