Saturday, September 02, 2006

Got Books?

I had so much fun with my review of Gemma’s book that I left it up for a whole week! Ah, but I’m starting to get grief from my fans *snort!* who want some new blog, so it’s time to change topics.

If only I could think of one.

I’m kind of amazed at those writers who blog brilliantly every day of the week. Hell, I’m lucky if I can come up with a sentence or two here and there. However, I’m working on it. As you all know—because you know me, and I know you know me—I’ve hooked up with a fabulous group of authors over at Deadline Diaries, so any day now, I should be one of those brilliant bloggers everyone’s talking about. Any day now...

Meanwhile, I’m looking for a few good books. I haven’t glommed a new author in years but recently I’ve been yearning to find more good old-fashioned romances. You know what I'm talking about -- a wonderful love story, not too heavy on the paranormal or the suspense. A friend recommended Erin McCarthy if I wanted a funny, sexy romance so I bought a few to test drive, so to speak. The first one I read was Heiress for Hire and it made me smile as I read it so I've ordered a few more of hers. I’m also re-reading The Eight by Katherine Neville. Has anyone else read this book? It blew me away when I read it over 15 years ago and I've wanted to re-read it ever since. I’ll let you know if it's as good as I remember it to be.

What are you reading? Do you have any recommendations for a fabulous romance I can sink my teeth into? Let me know. I’m in the mood for love, ba-by!

Cheers!

5 Comments:

Blogger Maureen Child said...

At LAST!! A new blog!! LOL--

Okay, straight romance is what you're looking for, huh?? There is of course, the faboo Susan Mallery...=)

But lately, I've been reading so many wildly different books, it's hard to pin one down. Michele Hauf has a GREAT new Bombshell out, called GETAWAY GIRL, but that's more action adventure. I'm reading Nora's new one, MORRIGAN'S CROSS, but hey, paranormal and fantasy.

The last really good straight romance I read was, THE MARCELLI BRIDE, which brings us back to Susan!!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hey, Maureen!

I never miss Susan's books! Or yours either! *kiss kiss!*

I've got Nora's latest and I keep sneaking peeks at the pages. Can't wait to start it. But I don't have Michele's so that's going on my list to buy next week. Thanks!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Lyon said...

I'll be your fan, Kate! Where do I sign up?

Lately I've been reading hot and sexy, not old fasioned.

If you like paranormal, I recommend JR Wards vampire series.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hi Jen! Hey, when I said old-fashioned, I meant hot and sexy! Didn't you get that? LOL

I went to JR's website and those vampire books look awesome! I love that she interviewed each of them. Definitely will check 'em out!

I keep saying "What's with these vampire books?" but I'm beginning to figure it out! ;-)

2:42 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Lyon said...

LOL Kate, sometimes I'm slow catching on. I should have knows that "old fashioned" meant "hot and sexy!"

In the right hands, vampires are sexy :-)

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home