Tuesday, September 19, 2006

All right, all right, I'm back!

It's been a week since my last posting and I have a few excuses, but none worth mentioning. Let's face it, I was a slacker. Hey, I was on vacation! And shoot, I couldn't believe how hard it was to get a wireless connection, but I've already talked about that. I really want and need to do this every day, even if it's just a drive-by posting.

Like today. I need to get ready for the day job but I've been surfing and blogging and checking up and visiting people I consider friends (even if they've never met me before. *g*). That's the way it feels out here, don't you agree? Like a friendly community of writers you visit regularly, just to see what's going on.

I always stop by Deadline Diaries first, of course, just to see what's what. And then I drop by Maureen Child's, natch. I check in on Jill Shalvis who cracks me up every day, then I go over to see Gina Black, who's always got something interesting to say, and Allison Brennan, who's brilliant, and some of the OCC girls like Jen Apodaca and Dana Diamond and The Writer's Vibe and Mary Castillo. I'm probably forgetting a few.

Then I stop in at the agent blogs - Pub Rants, Bookends, Rachel Vater, Miss Snark, Nephele Tempest - just to see what I should be neurotic about this week. (Kidding. Sort of.) And I love the new Brava Authors' blog because some of my faves are there. Once in a while when I really need to de-stress, I've got my fave celeb sites like Celebrity Smack, Go Fug Yourself, and Ted Casablanca's The Awful Truth. Those always crack me up.

So for goodness sake, who has time to do their own blog? *g* But I'll try to check in more often. Hope you will, too!

Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Maureen Child said...

Kate, right there with ya! I too am a blog slut....I wander from site to site, with a few faves who MUST be checked every morning. Since yours is one of them, I'm delighted to hear you'll be posting more!!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Lyon said...

I hear you Kate! Sometimes, I just have to DeBlog, LOL! I've been trying to ration my blog reading to get some actual writing done.

Hope you had a great vacation!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

LOL...thanks Maureen! I'll try to think of something brilliant to say every day. Wait, let's not set our expectations on impossible...

Hi Jen! I hear you. I'll probably need to go cold turkey one of these days.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home