Friday, October 13, 2006

TGIF!! And Counting Down...Three Days to ATIII

Monday is the big day and I'll confess, my mind keeps alternating between eerie calm and out-of-control spinning. I'm sure my fellow finalists are feeling the same way. Usually when we enter a writing contest, it's all anonymous and safe--well, in terms of your identity, anyway. You're never really safe from the slings and arrows of contest judges! But this time, we're all on display for the world to see.

On Monday, you'll read the opening line of my book, THE KAMA SUTRA CHRONICLES, and I won't be able to hide behind a wall of mystery anymore. Nope. You'll read that first line and know it's mine. And my first line is so bizarre, you might just get the wrong idea about sweet little ol' me! *g* So Monday, right here, I'm going to post the rest of the scene so you'll be able to put it all in context and continue to speak to me! LOL

Okay, it's Friday the 13th, and there's plenty of excitement and diversion out in blog land! And I need all the diversion I can get right now. Over at The Writer's Vibe, they've got the latest Good Vibrations Interview and it's all about ME! I hope you'll check it out!

And there's the cutest, laugh-out-loud funny Halloween photo over at Maureen Child's blog.

And speaking of Maureen, she blogged about displacement activities the other day and mentioned one of the best new time-wasters around, which can be found right here. (Courtesy of Jamie Denton over at the Brava Authors' blog.)

Oops! Let's not forget another classic procrastination tool you can find over at Rhonda Pollero's very fun website, namely, the Flamingo Ring Toss. This will keep you happy for hours!

Okay, that's enough diversionary tactics for now!

And if anyone is looking in from Buffalo, could you talk to the weather man? I'm flying in next Saturday and the record snowfall is just wrong! TWO FEET of snow?? Good grief! Make it stop!!!

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Maureen Child said...

Oh, Kate!! go Kate, it's your birthday!! Win the contest!! okay, imagine me singing if you have a strong stomach!!

LOVE Rhonda's flamingo ring toss!!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home