Monday, December 18, 2006

American Title - I Made It to Round Three!!!

It’s American Title Monday!! And yes, I made it through to Round Three!!!

And YES, it’s time to VOTE again!!!

But first, I have to thank everyone for voting for me. Honestly, I’m shocked and thrilled I’ve made it this far and I have to thank everyone out there who voted for me in the last round.

There's always a catch, though. Two finalists were eliminated, Meretta Pater and Lindsey Brookes. This is the worst part of the contest for me, because all the finalists have become close, so now it's like saying goodbye to my friends--but only for a minute, because we still share the common bond of being American Title III finalists, and Meretta and Lindsey are both so immensely talented, I have no doubt they'll show up in the bookstores any day now!

Okay, the voting is now open! The easiest way to vote for me is to click the button over there on the sidebar, the one that says "Vote For Kate!!!" Yes, that’s the one! Click on it, and it takes you to an email form that's all filled out and ready to go. Just hit “SEND,” and that's it! I can wait here while you vote…hmm-de-dum…okay, see how easy and fast that was? *g*

Thanks so much for voting and for spreading the word to all your friends!! Woo hoo!!

This month, your vote will determine the “Best Story Summary.” Here's my entry...

Gracie Sinclair is Librarian and Book Curator for a small, prestigious university. When she finds an antique French version of the Kama Sutra in a used book store, she’s stunned by the erotic drawings and her fantasies sparkle to life. Just once, she’d love to have a fling, but wild and willing men are scarce in her world. Her girlfriends recommend an intriguing online dating service and Gracie decides to join.

Seventy-two hours later, the biggest, baddest, sexiest man she’s ever seen shows up at the Library, and he’s not there to check out a book.

Cane Winslow has emerged from deep cover to salvage a critical overseas mission after a photograph of their most secret operative’s twin sister turns up on a monitored internet site. If the enemy finds the sexy Librarian before Cane does, Gracie could be killed in retaliation, Cane’s operative assassinated, and years of intelligence destroyed.

Gracie realizes she’s truly in danger and accompanies Cane, despite one little problem – she doesn’t have a sister.

At Gracie’s house, they surprise an intruder and find proof that the enemy has infiltrated Headquarters. Now Cane doesn’t know who to trust and he won’t risk Gracie’s safety by taking her to HQ. Gracie mentions her family’s isolated beach house and Cane agrees it’s a good hiding place.

In close quarters, with danger threatening, the tension builds until Cane and Gracie succumb to their overwhelming attraction and explore the dazzling rituals of the Kama Sutra. And vanquish the enemy, of course!

So … what will the judges have to say this month? Check out their comments and read all the entries at http://www.romantictimes.com/news_amtitle3.php

It’s the holiday season and everyone’s busy, so I truly appreciate you taking the time to vote! And if you have an extra minute, spread the word and tell all your friends to vote, too!! I need all the help I can get!!! Thanks again!

Cheers!!

10 Comments:

Blogger sdpenson said...

Hi Kate,

Let me be the FIRST of many I am sure to congratulate you on this wonderful news!
I just voted!

~Sandy (Dana's mom)

9:53 AM  
Blogger Dana Diamond said...

Kate! Congratulations! That's awesome news.

I still can't figure out that button, but I'll make sure to put a link to yours over at my place.

And yes, I just voted. ;)

:) d

12:35 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hi sandra d -- Thanks so much for voting! You're such a doll, just like your gorgeous daughter!

Hey Dana, LOL, don't worry about that button! Thanks for your vote and the link!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Maureen Child said...

Kate you're soooooo gonna win this puppy!!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Meretta said...

Congratulations, Kate!

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray! Hurray! I'm so excited for you! What a wonderful pre-Christmas gift.

Bestest Wishes (and not just because you said you'd buy my new book!),

Mary

12:34 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Oh Maureen, thanks! You're the absolute best!!

Hi Meretta!!! I'm missing you, girl!

LOL Mary! Thanks so much! And I'll be buying your book no matter what. It's just too good to pass up!

5:37 PM  
Blogger sdpenson said...

Hi Kate,

Just a reminder...if you are getting sick go to doctor...Z-pak works wonders. (read on Maureen's you weren't up to par)

I know..I know..I am the infinite of Jewish moms..can you imagine my poor kids growing up with me.

Again so truly delighted for you.

~Sandy

6:21 AM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hi Sandy! Thanks for the Z-pak info. I've never heard of it so I'm going to check it out. I want to be 100% for the holiday.

And by the way, I think your "poor kids" turned out pretty great!!!

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it to the next round! I'm off to vote right now!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home