Wednesday, December 24, 2008

4-1/2 Stars from RT Book Review!!!

I got my first review from Romantic Times Book Review and it's wonderful!! Four and a half stars, their highest rating. What the reviewer said about Homicide in Hardcover made my week, so I want to share it with you!

This first in a new series is going to launch Carlisle to a bestselling position and have readers looking forward to the next installment of delightfully eccentric characters, droll dialogue and a meticulously planned crime. Bibliophile heroine Brooklyn Wainwright is brilliant, feisty and funny.

Summary: Just when rare book expert Brooklyn has the opportunity for a reunion with her mentor and fellow book restorer, the world goes a little crazy at a party for San Francisco's elite. Stumbling over the dying man lying in a pool of blood, Brooklyn tries to figure out the cryptic message he gives her -- along with the priceless and supposedly cursed copy of Faust. But Brooklyn becomes the target of the murder investigation after a stuffy -- and sexy -- British security guy finds her standing over the body. (OBSIDIAN, Feb., 304 pp., $6.99) Pat Cooper

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone!!

Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gillian Layne said...

I have been looking forward to this book for months, and I knew it would get great reviews! I can't wait til the release. :)

5:03 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hi, Gillian! I'm the absentee blog lady lately, but thanks so much for stopping by. I can't wait for the book to come out, either!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Gina Black said...

Congrats on a fantastic review!!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home