Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Countdowns and Deadlines ... oh my!

Six days and counting!! Six more days and HOMICIDE IN HARDCOVER will be out in the book stores! If you have a chance to buy it at your local independent mystery book store, that's always good for business. :-) It's also available at all the usual online suspects, too, wherever fabulous books are sold! *g* And I thank you. **End of commercial.**

And don't forget! I'm in the middle of the big countdown to publication and my contest is still going strong! Be sure to leave me a comment and you'll be eligible to win my Launch Party Package of books, gift cards, chocolates and more!

I'm also in the middle of a deadline. My second book in the Bibliophile Mystery series is due any day now. Talk about pressure! But it's a pressure I've wanted for so long, I wouldn't dream of complaining. Well, you might hear a little moan escape now and then, but no whining! When I look at the big picture and think of how many years I worked to get my books published, it's thrilling to have such problems.

One thing that helps is that I have wonderful romance writer friends who post things like ... this! I love my romance writer friends!

So ... are you under pressure? On a deadline? Racing around trying to get things done? Tell me all about it! I can relate.



Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger cheryl c said...

Book deadline pressure is a good thing! Good luck on making your deadline, and Congrats on the new release. I love the cover. It is so creative and interesting to look at. I think it will be a real eye-catcher on the bookstore shelf.

10:15 AM  
Blogger traveler said...

Best of luck and best wishes for your wonderful launch. The cover is dramatic and unique. Have a great week.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Kate! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new digs!

And 6 more days--WOOT!!! So cool!! :)

Can't wait!!

Michele

11:44 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Loved that photo what a hunk

The pressure must be hard Kate but all worth it in the end I am really looking forward to reading this whole series.

Have Fun
Helen

11:59 AM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hi Cheri, thanks for loving the cover! I think it's really fun, too, with lots of odd and interesting things to catch the eye. :-)

12:10 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Thanks, traveler! You have a good week, too. :-)

12:11 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hi Michele!!! Great to "see" you! Thanks for coming by the new place. LOL

I know, less than a week. I'm sooo excited!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Helen, wasn't that a sight worth seeing? LOL. Jen really knows her hunky heroes!

Thanks so much for the reassurance and the good thoughts. :-)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Good to "see" you too! :)

I just posted a blog about the release of your novel... February crept up on me! (Probably not on you, though, LOL.)

Hope to see you soon! :)

MC

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Kate, I was off doing my civic duty, otherwise known as jury duty. YUCK! But I'm done now! Thanks for the plug :-)

I'm counting down the days with you for HOMICIDE IN HARDCOVER!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Ooh, Michele, I'm gonna go check out your blog. Thanks for the plug!!

Jen, you are such a good citizen! But I'm glad it's over for you. And thanks ever so much for that delectible bit of hunkness on your blog today! :-)

5:55 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Good luck with the writing. I always feel as if I'm on a deadline. This is probably because I sometimes wait till the last minute. Other times I have too many things on my agenda and I can't get everything done on time.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Dru said...

Best of luck.

I haven't even read the first book and I'm already excited that you're working on the second book.

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home