Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Countdowns and Deadlines ... oh my!

Six days and counting!! Six more days and HOMICIDE IN HARDCOVER will be out in the book stores! If you have a chance to buy it at your local independent mystery book store, that's always good for business. :-) It's also available at all the usual online suspects, too, wherever fabulous books are sold! *g* And I thank you. **End of commercial.**

And don't forget! I'm in the middle of the big countdown to publication and my contest is still going strong! Be sure to leave me a comment and you'll be eligible to win my Launch Party Package of books, gift cards, chocolates and more!

I'm also in the middle of a deadline. My second book in the Bibliophile Mystery series is due any day now. Talk about pressure! But it's a pressure I've wanted for so long, I wouldn't dream of complaining. Well, you might hear a little moan escape now and then, but no whining! When I look at the big picture and think of how many years I worked to get my books published, it's thrilling to have such problems.

One thing that helps is that I have wonderful romance writer friends who post things like ... this! I love my romance writer friends!

So ... are you under pressure? On a deadline? Racing around trying to get things done? Tell me all about it! I can relate.



Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Cheri2628 said...

Book deadline pressure is a good thing! Good luck on making your deadline, and Congrats on the new release. I love the cover. It is so creative and interesting to look at. I think it will be a real eye-catcher on the bookstore shelf.

10:15 AM  
Blogger traveler said...

Best of luck and best wishes for your wonderful launch. The cover is dramatic and unique. Have a great week.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Kate! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new digs!

And 6 more days--WOOT!!! So cool!! :)

Can't wait!!

Michele

11:44 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Loved that photo what a hunk

The pressure must be hard Kate but all worth it in the end I am really looking forward to reading this whole series.

Have Fun
Helen

11:59 AM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hi Cheri, thanks for loving the cover! I think it's really fun, too, with lots of odd and interesting things to catch the eye. :-)

12:10 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Thanks, traveler! You have a good week, too. :-)

12:11 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hi Michele!!! Great to "see" you! Thanks for coming by the new place. LOL

I know, less than a week. I'm sooo excited!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Helen, wasn't that a sight worth seeing? LOL. Jen really knows her hunky heroes!

Thanks so much for the reassurance and the good thoughts. :-)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Good to "see" you too! :)

I just posted a blog about the release of your novel... February crept up on me! (Probably not on you, though, LOL.)

Hope to see you soon! :)

MC

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Jen Lyon said...

Hey, Kate, I was off doing my civic duty, otherwise known as jury duty. YUCK! But I'm done now! Thanks for the plug :-)

I'm counting down the days with you for HOMICIDE IN HARDCOVER!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Ooh, Michele, I'm gonna go check out your blog. Thanks for the plug!!

Jen, you are such a good citizen! But I'm glad it's over for you. And thanks ever so much for that delectible bit of hunkness on your blog today! :-)

5:55 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Good luck with the writing. I always feel as if I'm on a deadline. This is probably because I sometimes wait till the last minute. Other times I have too many things on my agenda and I can't get everything done on time.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Dru said...

Best of luck.

I haven't even read the first book and I'm already excited that you're working on the second book.

4:15 AM  
Blogger xjd7410@gmail.com said...

toms outlet
jordan 3
cheap jordan shoes
michael kors outlet
replica watches
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton outlet online
oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet
ray ban
air jordans
gucci outlet
toms outlet
true religion outlet
michael kors outlet online
burberry outlet
michael kors canada
kobe bryant shoes
jordan shoes
kate spade
supra shoes
gucci outlet
oakley sunglasses wholesale
nike sb
ralph lauren outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
abercrombie
lebron james shoes 13
mont blanc pens
rolex watches outlet
jordan 8
adidas shoes
true religion jeans
nike air max
gucci handbags
mont blanc
polo ralph lauren
toms outlet
coach outlet
2016.7.8haungqin

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home