Wednesday, December 20, 2006

American Title III - What the Judges Said

And once again, for everyone's enjoyment--well, except mine--here are the scary comments the judges had for me and The Kama Sutra Chronicles this month. This time around it's my Story Summary under scrutiny (you can read the summary in my last post -- just scroll down).

Flavia Knightsbridge -- Please don't tell me Gracie is going to be one of those too-naïve-to-be-believed 35-year-old virgin heroines. The prim librarian stereotype is so tired.

Hilary Ross -- The twin sister angle is unusual and if tension builds well it could be a good story.

Leslie Kazanjian -- Mysterious "twins" ... mistaken identities ... international intrigue ... and a librarian and a secret agent with cabin fever -- this sounds like a sexy explosion just waiting to happen!

Okay, I think I got off pretty easy this month, so I'll just tiptoe away before anyone changes their mind!

Seriously, I'm thrilled the judges--especially Hilary--didn't hammer me for my "twins separated at birth" subplot line, and I love Leslie's phrase about my "secret agent with cabin fever" because that's exactly what's going on! And as far as the prim librarian comment from Flavia, I got a similar comment last month so now I'll just promise you that Gracie isn't repressed!

I hope you'll stop by to read and enjoy all the entries along with the judges' comments at the Romantic Times website. The voting period for this round is December 18 - 31, so be sure to vote for your favorite now!

Cheers!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for Leslie as the Best Judge :-)

8:24 AM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

LOL, I agree with you both!!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home