Thursday, December 28, 2006

Counting Down to New Year's Day

Have you voted for your favorite American Title finalist yet? **cough**me**cough**

There's still time! Voting ends December 31st. You can use that handy "Vote for Kate!!!" button over on the sidebar, or go to Romantic Times to read all the entries and the judges' comments and then vote for your favorite.

So right now, I'm busy making my list of New Year's resolutions. I'm a firm believer in New Year's Resolutions. I don't know why, because I rarely keep them. Like, never. Doesn't seem to matter. I still go ahead and write up my list and I always feel good about it because I know this year will be different. This year I'll stick to all my resolutions and life will be fabulous! Right? Damn straight!

But really, honestly, this year will be different. I'll start going to the gym five days a week to build up muscle and lose some extra weight. I'll stick to that new diet I read about in Oprah's magazine. Hey, it worked for her. I'll read more and write more and blog more and clean the house more and oh, what the hell, I'll play the lottery more. And life will be grand!

Meanwhile, back on planet earth, I have another New Year's tradition. Every New Year's Day, the DH and I take a long walk along the beach. This year I expect it to be sunny, cold and windy. And when I say cold, I'm thinking...58 degrees, maybe? Yeah, that's brutal, but we bundle up and manage to enjoy ourselves.

There's something magical about the beach in winter, and it's not just because there are less people around. The light is different, the air itself is different, the ocean is choppy and cold and the sky is so clear and blue it sparkles, and those wonderful, skinny palm trees are almost horizontal from the wind. There's simply nowhere else I'd rather be.

Do you have any New Year's traditions you'd like to share? How about resolutions? Do you make them? Do you actually keep them??

Cheers!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Terri Garey said...

I have one New Year's resolution every year - which is NOT to make any New Year's resolutions! :)

I know I'll be setting myself up for failure (which I hate), and if I do manage to make any improvements in my life during any given year, I can pat myself on the back and give New Year's resolutions the proverbial raspberry. Take that, Auld Lang Syne! LOL

Happy New Year, Kate!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

LOL Terri, I like your attitude! I can't seem to resist making those lists, though...

Happy New Year to you, too!

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home