Tuesday, October 17, 2006

American Title III - Day Two - The Bio

Have you ever written a short biography of yourself? It's harder than you think (she whined).

It took me days to write the short biography required for the American Title contest. In 150 words, I was expected to explain my life and my journey and my hopes and dreams and blah blah blah. I'd sooner write another 100,000 word manuscript!

It's not that I don't take the responsibility seriously, I just can't take myself seriously. I can't look in the mirror and say, "Oh my, look at all these wonderful things you've accomplished. You should be taken seriously as an artist." If you've read the bio on my website, you'll see I don't handle these things well.

So instead, for my American Title "Short Bio," I chose to write something along the lines of the biographical monologue Dr. Evil gives in his therapy session with his son Scott -- without the the luge lessons or summers in Rangoon.

Here's my ATIII bio, and it's mostly true.

As Dr. Evil would say, the details of my life are inconsequential. My father’s idea of family outings were picnics on the infield at Santa Anita. I won the Trifecta when I was eight. I grew up and spent years working in television on Solid Gold, Midnight Special, Newlywed Game, Dating Game, The Gong Show--and no, Chuck Barris is not a spy. I traveled, gambled in Macau, snorkeled in St. Thomas, and was once treated to a lap dance in Kowloon. Aimless, I joined a cult and was forced to wear shapeless clothing made of hemp. After years of shock therapy, I found reality and a good stylist, and I love life. I’m thrilled to be a finalist in ATIII. I’ve completed four manuscripts and this year I was a triple finalist in RWA’s Golden Heart contest and my manuscript, Snooping in Stilettos, won!

Cheers!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So is hemp an itchy fabric? I've always wondered! :-)

Congratulations on all of your success. Now when the hell am I going to get a signed copy of those books? Andale! Andale!

Love,
Mary

9:07 AM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hi Mary! Hemp...not exactly silk, but softer than say, burlap. LOL

I'm hurrying, I'm hurrying!!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Yes, I remember you on Solid Gold! Ah, good times...

12:14 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

You're not old enough to remember Solid Gold! But yeah, remember that wild sexy dancer? That was me!
*SNORT!*

6:01 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Oh, fear not, dear one...I soooo remember Solid Gold! LOL

However, my brother refused to watch it with me.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Myershleh said...

It takes about 6 hours to charge 2 AA batteries, which are empty. These are simply supplements, something included to what should already be there. We may put a shortcut for hibernate as an alternative of the lengthy process (one time completing the manual steps in control panel afterward use the created shortcut icon by Pushing "Win switch" followed by U pursue by H). Some portable chargers instantly start charging once connected, others you actually just flip the "ON" switch. Of course there are the standard incandescent selections of Christmas strands that come in a wide variety of colors and styles.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home