Monday, January 22, 2007

American Title III – Drum Roll, Please…

I didn’t make it to Round Four, my friends.

(A moment of silence…sniffle…I’ll be fine…)

Okay, seriously! I’m really good with this because look how far I got!! And it’s all because of my friends and family and the readers who clicked with my story, The Kama Sutra Chronicles, so thank you for your good thoughts and incredible support!! I’ve received priceless publicity and I’ve had great fun and met some wonderful new writer friends through this contest, so it’s truly a win-win for me.

The contest is still going on, so if you’d like to read the Dialogue Scenes from the Final Four contestants—and see the latest comments from our beloved snarky judges—please visit RomanticTimes.com

In the meantime, I’m posting my Dialogue Scene here since it will never make it to the magazine. Hope you enjoy it. And thanks again for your great support!! I love you guys!!!

Dialogue Scene - The Kama Sutra Chronicles

“So why the hell did you join a dating service?” Cane asked, then grimaced. He sounded like a jealous lover.

Gracie frowned. “Not that it’s any of your business, but after I broke up with Hubert, I wanted to find someone who was more willing to--” Her eyes widened and her cheeks turned rosy. "Never mind.”

He raised an eyebrow. “More willing to what?”

She blew out a breath. “Look, let’s get back to the point. I don’t have a twin sister. I’m an only child. I’m sorry this woman’s in trouble, but I can’t help you.”

“Yeah, yeah, I believe you.” He accelerated through an intersection.

“What?”

“I believe you.”

She sank back in the seat. “Thank you.”

“Doesn’t change anything.”

“Of course it does.”

“Nope. You could still pass for my agent’s twin. The mission’s still in jeopardy and so are you.”

“I don’t believe this,” Gracie whispered.

“So who’s Hubert?” he asked.

She whipped around. “What?”

Cane shrugged. “Just asking.”

She tightened her arms beneath her truly spectacular breasts. “Don’t take this the wrong way, but you’re crazy.”

“Look, Graciella, it’s--”

“I told you not to call me that.”

He heard the snap in her voice and had to admire her spunk.

“Okay, look,” she said. “Maybe I am in mortal danger, but I’ll take my chances.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

She straightened. “I want you to take me back to the Library.”

He checked the rear view mirror. “Sorry, babe. My mission takes priority over your wants and needs.”

“Your mission?” she said, her voice a mix of frustration and perplexity. “Just what is your mission?”

He stopped at a light and faced her. Damn, those warm whiskey eyes were going to drive him nuts. “You, Gracie. You’re my mission. God help me.”

14 Comments:

Blogger Maureen Child said...

Kate.........Definitely THEIR loss, girl! You're on to BIG things, Kate and the dialogue was fabulous!!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate--

So sad that you didn't progress to the next round! Clearly they are not totally plugged in!

Now, is this going to be a book? It sounds yummy!

Kim

11:27 AM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hey, Maureen! Thanks!! From your lips to you-know-where!!

Hi Kim -- Thank you! Yes, I pray it will be published somewhere, very soon. No word yet but I will keep you posted. In fact, you'll probably hear the screams from across the country! *g*

12:39 PM  
Blogger Dana Diamond said...

You know what they say, when one door closes, another one opens.

In your case, I'm certain this is a blessing in disguise.

Keep us posted!

:) d

PS The dialogue was great.

PPS Okay, now I don't feel so bad for never figuring out the button thing.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

LOL Dana! That damn button! *g* But see? No worries!

And thanks so much for all your support!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate - What a drag. After reading the potentials, I really wanted to read your book. Let us know when some publisher finally gets it and buys it.

Cady

7:28 AM  
Blogger sdpenson said...

Hi Kate,

I am a firm believer in ...things happen for a reason...

I really and truly believe that like my daughter...when one door closes another one opens...with so much more!

You are so darn cheerful and talented ..I do agree that it is certainly a loss...for them!

~Sandy

p.s. My office team is going to be featured on Ted's Website when they update it.

Long story but ever so much fun!!!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Aw, thanks Cady. I'm still hoping for good things for Kama Sutra Chronicles so I'll keep you posted!

Hi Sandy! I believe things happen for good reasons, too. It was great to be involved in the contest and I know interesting things will happen because of it!

And I'll check out Ted's website! We'll be going back to Buffalo in a few months and thanks to you, I'm already craving one of Ted's charcoal hots!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Hey, Kate. Great dialogue. And I agree with everyone else here.

You're on to bigger and better things.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Meretta said...

An awesome snippet of dialogue, Kate! I'm glad you shared. :D

6:58 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hi Chris! Thanks so much for saying so. I'll be outside chanting (skyclad, naturally) for your words to come true! ;-)

Hey Meretta -- back atcha! I thought your dialogue entry was really great, too!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Kate, skyclad. Well, now, you know that will def work!

But even if you keep your clothes on, first sale is coming up soooooon. We all know it.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Lyon said...

Kate, two things:

I'm sucked into this book! I want to read it! Like...now. Hello? Publishers??

And...

You're a winner in my eyes :-)

8:24 AM  
Blogger Cathy in AK said...

That's some kickin' dialogue, Kate. Make sure you scream over the loop when it sells ; )

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home