Sunday, January 14, 2007

I've been fighting off a cold all week, plus dealing with my office fire (see previous entry) and doing re-writes and preparing for my husband to leave town for a week (boo hoo, who will make my cocktails??). But I'm finally back and I've got a few little updates and news items.

First, an update on the fire in my office building. It was quickly contained but the chemicals used to clean up the mess and the huge fans necessary to blow the particles out of the air have been messing with my sinuses and throat and lungs (mine and everyone else's in the firm). We office workers (aka the little people) all agree that the Powers That Be should've closed the office for a week. Of course, the PTB never listen to the little people. *g* I'm hoping the three-day weekend will help get me back in fighting form!

Next, American Title voting will open up again next Monday, January 22. Come on back to see who made it into the final four!

Also, as you may have already noticed Deadline Diaries is closing down the blog due to more pressing commitments such as, well, deadlines! The good news is, you can still visit some of us regularly and get caught up on all the latest scoop. Christie Ridgway has started her own blog at Christie's Cabana, and of course, Maureen Child continues to blog here, and I'm still here and ready to kick it back into high gear.

Finally, be sure to stop by Squawk Radio this week to visit with guest blogger Susan Mallery. Maybe I'll see you there!

Cheers!

5 Comments:

Blogger Maureen Child said...

Kate...glad to hear you've got a 3 day to recoup!! Those damn PTB's...without the 'little people', where would they be???

6:33 PM  
Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Hey, Kate--and Maureenie. Well I couldn't stand it and I put up my own blog. Miss blogging. how strange.

Recoup, recoup!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Maureen Child said...

So, what's the blog called, Chris????

2:04 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

We need a name for that blog, Chris!! We want to visit you!

P.S. Hope you're staying warm.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kate you are very talented those of us who voted really believed in you! However, so did the author community, Deadline Diaries and your community of old and new friends.

However, my dear friend SM related how incredible you were before the contest and then when I knew you entered, I paid close attention and then I knew, the author comminity was right, you are wonderful so please keep on writing.

Dealine Diaries, please come back, we miss you!

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home