Wednesday, October 18, 2006

American Title - Day Three - The Judges

If you're here at my blog, you may have already read the judges' comments on everyone's First Line. Some comments were snarkier than others.

Here's what they had to say about THE KAMA SUTRA CHRONICLES and my first line, "Crotchless panties?"

Flavia Knightsbridge - Nothing like stripping it down to the basics, literally...seems like a fitting start given the title.

Hilary Ross - Ugh, sounds like this is going to be way beyond erotica!

Leslie Kazanjian - This book has a fun title and a fabulous, provocative opening line! I'd certainly read on.

Okay, I vote for Leslie's answer!

When I first read the judges' comments, the only word I saw was "UGH." On second/third/fourth read, I realized their comments overall weren't as harsh as I'd first thought. The only thing I'll say in my defense is, THE KAMA SUTRA CHRONICLES is a romance with humor and a touch of suspense. Not erotica! Not that there's anything wrong with erotica! LOL. But Ms. Hilary uttered the word as though it were the worst thing since...well, I won't even go there.

Their criticisms were much rougher on some of the other finalists and I'm sorry about that. But one thing we all agree on is that Raz's opening line is hilarious. To check them all out, click here...and don't forget to vote!

It's funny, it’s sexy, it’s suspenseful! Vote for THE KAMA SUTRA CHRONICLES in the American Title Contest at http://www.romantictimes.com/news_amtitle.php

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't care for the rough criticisms. Just goes to show that opinions are like uh, you know ... feet! Everyone has one, er two, and some of them stink.

Mary C. who probably should've posted this anonymously (oh well!)

2:06 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

LOL Mary! It's okay, we're among friends!

Well, us and.....Dr. Z!!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

I loved your title and your first line. Heck, I even loved your bio! I voted for you, even though I had gone to vote for a friend. (Don't tell!)

7:22 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Spy Scribbler -- Thanks so much! And I'll never tell!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Meretta said...

Don't sweat the comments, Kate. I don't think people pay too much mind to them anyway when it comes to voting. I think they're mostly there for entertainment value.

Best of luck!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Maria Geraci said...

Kate, Sometimes those snarky comments actually benefit the writer. Some voters get their crotchless panties in a wad when the judges diss on their favorites! I happened to love your first line!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Maureen Child said...

mariageraci: LOL.....you're right!!

Kate, your line is soooo the best!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Maria - Crotchless panties in a wad?? LOL!! Thanks for that!

Hey, Meretta -- Thanks! Good luck to you, too. It feels like the calm between two storms right now, doesn't it? *g*

Aww, thanks Maureen!

4:35 PM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2016-02-01keyun
ugg boots
fake oakley sunglasses
canada goose
hollister kids
coach outlet
ralph lauren sale
michael kors bags
michael kors handbags
nfl jerseys wholesale
tory burch boots
louis vuitton handbags
canada goose coats
michael kors outlet
oakley store
ralph lauren
cheap uggs
coach outlet
giuseppe zanotti outlet
ugg australia
louis vuitton outlet
ray ban sunglasses
coach factory outlet online
louis vuitton outlet stores
true religion
cheap air jordans
louis vuitton purses
ugg outlet
nfl jerseys
ugg boots
coach factory outlet
coach outlet

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home