Friday, March 09, 2007

Finally Friday

Happy happy! The weekend's finally here! Well, almost. Just need to get through today ...

Tonight we'll have a little wine, maybe get some take-out, relax ...
Saturday I'll be at my local RWA meeting, and check this out -- Allison Brennan and Stephanie Laurens are the speakers this month. Pretty awesome lineup, right? I love my RWA chapter.

Before the meeting, I'll meet my buddy Maureen Child at Starbucks and we'll dish--er, no, we'll, uh, plot my next book. Yeah, we'll plot books and, uh, discuss publishing industry trends. Yeah, that's it. Snort.

When I get home, I'll try to get in a little house cleaning ("little" being the key word), then get ready for dinner at my brother and SIL's place. Can't wait to see them! (Hi Pammy!)

Then Sunday ... I wish I could say I'd be sitting on the deck, sleeping and reading, but that won't happen. The DH is painting the bedroom and I'll probably be cleaning out some closet somewhere. We're doing the home improvement thing and I know it'll be great once we're done, but until then, we're in heavy work mode.

But we'd much rather be sitting on the deck, sleeping and reading ... the DH smoking a cigar ... maybe sipping on an afternoon cocktail ...

Soon. Very soon.

So what's up for your weekend?

Cheers!

7 Comments:

Blogger Maureen Child said...

Oooh, I wanna be that little sleeping doggy this weekend!!! of course, that ain't gonna happen!

Can't wait to meet you to *plot* at Starbucks, Kate!!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Isn't that a cute doggy? LOL

Yeah, I've got some serious "plotting" issues to discuss with you! ;-)

12:27 PM  
Blogger sdpenson said...

Hi Kate!

Dana had something for you from me. She came in the afternoon to the meeting..and she said she looked for you but you must have gone already.

It is a jar of TED's. My friends in Buffalo sent it to me ...just for you and your husband. They sent me a jar too.

I love the stuff. Next month she will bring it again. It will keep.

Love the pix of puppy. I am getting a new puppy in April. She is called a Shorkie Txu. Yup...one of those designer puppys. She will be only 4 lbs when she is fully grown. I can harldy wait!

Have a great week.

~Sandy

7:15 AM  
Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Cute doggy. Wish I was there for the plotting. *whine, whine*. Bet it was great!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Lyon said...

Kate, I had a great time at the infamous OCC Lunch!

Yeah, plotting...umm, I totally believe you and Maureen were plotting, I'm just a little worried about WHAT you were plotting :-)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Dana Diamond said...

I've been missing you. Thanks for posting this.

I'm good too. Good and busy keeping the kids out of the house so Chris and his dad can build this huge fort/play gym thing in our backyard.

It's so big I think I'm going to appropriate it for my office.

:) d

9:35 AM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Sandra, I missed Dana and so missed the Ted's! You're such a sweetie! And can't wait to hear about your new doggy!

Chris!!! Wish you were here, too!

Hey, come on, Jen! We uh, plot books. Yeah, that's my story.

Hi Dana! That gym sounds like the perfect thing for the office! ;-)

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home