Tuesday, March 20, 2007

What I'm Reading

I just met a deadline, so now I get a reward, right? Okay, the fact that my deadlines are self-imposed is no reason not to reward myself, don't you think? Yeah, that's what I thought, too!

So my reward is...books! And time to read them. (What, you thought I'd go buy a car or something? Did you get the "self-imposed" part of that deadline?) Maybe on my next deadline I'll get some botox or something, but right now, I'll stick to reading! ;-)

Here's what's on my list...

Just finished The Steps by Rachel Cohn. This is a YA (middle-grade) novel about Annabel, a worldly NYC 12-year-old who goes to Australia to visit her dad and her new step-siblings. It's short (135 pages) but every page is filled with funny and sweet moments. I fell for Annabel's entire extended family and I'm looking forward to visiting them again in the sequel, Two Steps Forward.


Now I'm reading A Crazy Little Thing Called Death, by Nancy Martin. I simply adore the Blackbird Sisters! And Michael is awesome. I'm seriously hooked on him, I don't care what his family does! I confess I'm very sad to have finally read them all because now I'll have to wait months for the next book to come out! No pressure, Nancy! *g*

Next up for me is JR Ward's fourth book in the Black Dagger series, Lover Revealed. This is Butch's story and I never thought I'd say it but yes, I've become a huge fan of the Brotherhood!!


So...what have you been reading lately? And what's waiting in the wings on your TBR pile?

4 Comments:

Blogger Maureen Child said...

Ah Kate...two peas in a pod, that's us......Just finished Butch's book. Hurry up and read it so we can dish.

I've got the last Blackbird mystery on order.....thanks for getting me hooked on that, btw!!

Also just read SALEM WITCH TRYOUTS. Good, but with a curiously unlikable heroine. Weird, yes?

Now I'm reading Steve Berry's THE TEMPLAR LEGACY.....excellent...

Oh. and writing, too. Of course, writing!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hey Maureen! I know we've got to talk about Butch!! But I'm savoring the latest Blackbird Sisters, knowing I won't get another fix for a while.

We are definitely like-minded because I just ordered The Salem Witch Tryouts. And The Templar Legacy sounds interesting. Hmm.

Too many books....

10:48 AM  
Blogger Meretta said...

Maureen, DH just finished The Templar Legacy. He enjoyed it, too.

I'm reading contest books for KOD's Daphne right now. One finished and four to go. :)

9:53 AM  
Blogger Maureen Child said...

HELLLLLLLOOOOOO....... anybody in here??????????????

Meretta.......loved Templar Legacy. excellent story!

Kate??? Has anyone seen Kate?????

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home