Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's the New York Times, baby!!!

I'm absolutely thrilled -- and stunned! -- to announce that HOMICIDE IN HARDCOVER hit the New York Times Bestseller List!!! (#34 on the mass market paperback extended list for March 1st, 2009!)

I received the call from my agent Christina earlier this week while I was at the mall. She asked if I was sitting down and, well, no, I wasn't. But as soon as she told me the news, I immediately found a bench and sat. My knees were weak and in danger of giving out. When I was finished screaming and laughing with her, I hung up the phone, looked up -- and saw a See's Candy shop right in front of me. Talk about good luck!

So, thank you to everybody who went out and bought HIH. Thank you to the booksellers and librarians and friends and family and all my online friends and family for buying the book and talking up HIH. Somehow, all your lovely talk and interest and purchases generated enough sales to land my little debut mystery on the NYT list! How does that happen??? It's like lightning striking! It's crazy. And wonderful.

And check out these photos that PJ took at the Barnes & Noble in Huntersville, North Carolina. There's my book, third row down, next to Rosemary Harris's PUSHING UP DAISIES, which is next up on my TBR pile. I'm thrilled and honored to be appearing with Rosemary Friday night, February 27, at Mysterious Galaxy Books in San Diego, California.

And just above my book is Diane Emley's CUT TO THE QUICK, the third in her Nan Vining series. I'd say I'm in good company, wouldn't you? :-)

And isn't PJ gorgeous? (I'm coveting that cute jacket of hers!) She also wrote a fantastic review of HIH for RNTV.com. You can read it here. Thanks, PJ!

And thank you, all! I'm so grateful. Shocked, stunned, thrilled and grateful!

Cheers!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Dru said...

Congrats Kate! I have my copy on my TBR list and I can't wait to start it.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Silver James said...

I knew you'd do it! w00t! Appletinis for all!!!!!!

*chants* Go, Ka-ate! Go Ka-ate! You rock and deserve every bit of it!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Keira Soleore said...

Congratulations, Kate. This is soooo exciting!! BTW, the Banditas sidebar needs updating with your thrilling news.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kate! I just finished reading HIH yesterday--it's fabulous! Funny, smart and mysterious. No wonder you hit the NYT!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Jenny Gardiner said...

KATE!!!!!! Holy cow!!! That's FABULOUS!!! HUGE CONGRATS!!!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

WOO-HOO!!! So proud of you!!! Congratulations!!

I don't think I can say all that enough. How many times is that now? Who cares! LOL

Way to go, Kate! Yay! :)

11:20 AM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Whoa, I go away for the day and come back to see so many fabulous people dropped by!

Hey, thanks, Dru! Hope you enjoy it!

Silver, my sweet appletini friend!! Thank you so much! :-)

Hi Keira! I must get that sidebar updated! Woohoo!!!

Aw, Jen, thanks! I'm so glad you liked HIH -- and I can't wait to get my hands on Blood Magic! Two more days! Yikes! Are you a little nervous?? :-)

Jenny, thanks for the congrats!! Who'da thunk it?? LOL

Michele, I'll never get tired of hearing it. :-) Thank you, sweetie!!!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Congrats on hitting the NYT Bestseller List.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Kate

Huge congrats I am soo looking forward to reading this book.

PJ great pictures

Have Fun
Helen

7:56 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hi Jane! Thanks for the congrats. :-)

Helen, your book and other goodies should be winging its way to you very soon!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Terri Garey said...

Kate Carlisle, I do declare! You did it! Omigosh, you DID it! I am so tickled when nice people have wonderful things happen to them! Many congrats to you and Christina, and I hope you're still celebrating even though I was late to the party. :-)

6:57 AM  
Blogger Maria Geraci said...

WOW, that's absolutely fabulous news, Kate!! Congratulations!

11:00 PM  
Blogger molly moo said...

I am on page 12 of Homicide in Hardcover, so far I think I am going to love it. I have met many lesbian animal rights activists in my 57 yrs. Not one of them wasn't a vegetarian. Good luck with your series.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home