Saturday, November 11, 2006

Tagged

Okay, I was tagged by Dana Diamond and Maureen Child , and then when I wasn't looking, Christie Ridgway nabbed me again. So I guess it’s time to 'fess up. Here are five strange, unique and/or funny things about me.

1. I drank beer with Paul Newman. Years ago, I was invited to a small dinner party honoring a visiting White House press secretary. I was sipping on a beer when Paul Newman walked up and asked me where he could get one of those. I showed him the bar and we talked for a while, until more guests showed up. The hosts had just spent a week at the Pritikin Center so the menu featured brown rice and yams. Good thing there was plenty of beer.

2. I spit water at Chuck Barris. Many times, in fact. I worked on the Gong Show and the staff was expected to perform on the show. I was part of a three-girl singing group called The Whispers, only we didn’t sing, we didn’t do anything, we just stood on stage until Chuck finally walked out and said “Don’t just stand there, do something.” So we spit water at him.

3. Speaking of Chuck Barris, I was also a Dating Game chaperone. I took Snow White and her date to Hong Kong, and I took Daniel Boone’s son and his date to Switzerland. It was a tough job but somebody had to do it.

4. I have a pair of socks given to me by the Doobie Brothers. Hey, they were nice socks, and brand new, too! I interviewed the group at their studio for a show I was working on. They liked me. They gave me a pair of socks.

5. My grandmother was California women's golf champion through the 1920's, ‘30’s and ‘40’s. She continued to play and win tournaments up until her death at age 86. She has a golf tournament and a luncheon salad named after her at the Los Angeles Country Club. Yes, the next time you're at the country club, you can order my grandmother for lunch.

Now...tell me something strange and interesting about you!

3 Comments:

Blogger Maureen Child said...

LOL.....well, here's something. One of my best friends spit water at Chuck Barris....

6:07 PM  
Blogger Maureen Child said...

And EXCUSE ME???? PAUL NEWMAN??? And you don't TELL a person???

6:07 PM  
Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Sorry, but Paul--I call him Paul--is such a private person, I didn't want to reveal too much about our special moment together.

But then I was tagged and, well, it was time to tell the world. :-)

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home